Welcome to my corner of the internet!
Hello! Happy new year! (I think I can still say that – just!) It’s been a little while since I posted, so thought I’d better say ‘hi’ and reintroduce myself.
I’m Sarah, a perinatal educator and postnatal doula in the Portsmouth area. I’ve been teaching antenatal classes and baby massage and baby yoga classes for nearly ten years, and absolutely love it!
I live in Portsmouth with my husband, two children, and cat called Graham (if you follow me on social media then I’m sure you’ll have seen him). My boys were babies when I first trained to run birth preparation courses, but now I have a teenager and a pre-teen! This means I spend much of my time as a taxi-driver, and on the side of a rugby pitch or at dance rehearsals, but I wouldn’t have it any other way, and I love being a rugby and dance mum. Fortunately they both share my love of musicals, so if we’re not at a sporting event, you’ll probably find us at the theatre! Living on the south coast of England means we spend a lot of time at the seaside, although you’re unlikely to catch me swimming!
5 things you might not know about me…
- I can play the piano and flute, and used be really quite good. I’m very rusty now, but can manage ‘happy birthday’ and the odd Christmas carol!
- I enjoy crochet, but I’m rubbish at finishing things! I daren’t even count the works I’ve got in progress! Both my boys have a birthday star blanket, and each year I add another colour of their choosing!
- Last year I was honoured to receive a Pamodzi Inspiration Woman of Portsmouth award. It was such a lovely thing to be nominated for, let alone receive.
- Before I moved in to the perinatal world, I spent 10 years as a primary school teacher. I was involved with the Portsmouth Schools’ Music Festival, and got to lead huge choirs of children from infant schools across the city, on stage at the Guildhall.
- When I was 8, I was in a BBC schools programme about the Celts, filmed at Butser Ancient Farm. I think I was only picked because of my red hair!
If you’d like to know more, to see if I’m the right doula for you, then you can schedule a free call with me HERE.
Photo credit Charlotte Griffiths Photography